Sunday, August 29, 2004

NYT: Abolish the Electoral College

The New York Times wrote an absolutely breathless editorial today. The conclusion? The Electoral College needs to go.

Four years ago, I spoke to a civic organization in my hometown about the need to preserve the Electoral College.

Today, the editorial board of the New York Times admitted that they were wrong in once supporting the College, and it's a really strong argument.

I've always thought the Electoral College protects voters in states like North Carolina from getting overwhelmed by voters in big states with dense metropolitan areas.

But more and more, it seems that the Electoral College harms minorities in every state. Until recently, it seemed like being a Democrat in North Carolina didn't make one bit of difference. Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic that my vote my count for something in this presidential election.

But with the no EC and with the statistical seperation between presidential nominees being nonexistant, the popular vote is actually a better protector of my rights as a minority.

Anyhow, go read the edit. It'll probably be a hundred years before the Times admits a mistake again.

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2007 at 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello guys!
My 14-year-old sister Megan came bounding into the kitchen wearing her black bikini. I had little time to react before she jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around me. She squealed loudly in my ear and I had to grab onto the counter to keep from falling over.
… I leaned down over her body and licked along her nipples once gain. I slowly dragged my tongue down her stomach and tickled her sides. She giggled and I laughed too. My sweet baby sis, still so ticklish. My sweet baby sis, who I was about to make love to.
I love lolitas !! and sex :)
Young lolita it is a best !!!
__________________
http://www.xxx-01.com - New Teen Tgp Site! Visit it and have fun! Enjoy it!
http://www.xxx-01.com/index2.html - Free Pics
I am not kidding) xxx-01.com - is super hot )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home